A storm is brewing around Hurricane Cletis…hailing from Saskatchewan, Canada, Hurricane Cletis has quickly dominated the local music scene and has become a front runner for international recognition.
It all started in 2006, when just after a year of writing, Hurricane Cletis decided to hit the stage. Hurricane Cletis won Roxy on Broadway’s ”Ultimate Band Warz”, earning the respect of industry moguls Ralph James (The Agency Group) and Steve Blair (Head of A&R for Warner Music Canada). Only a few months later, Hurricane Cletis was selected as one of 29 artists to receive a $10,000 recording grant from Rawlco Radio. Shortly after, Hurricane Cletis began recording a full length self title debut album.
The band enlisted the help of Ryan Andersen (Red Door Recordings, who has worked on projects such as Nickelback’s The Long Road’ and ‘All the Right Reasons’. Andersen’s other credits include working with the bands: Thornley, ACDC, Hinder, Default, Bryan Adams, Theory of a Deadman, and Faber Drive. Combining sounds of their influences from yesterday and today (Motley Crue, Godsmack, Nickelback , the band created a punchy, driving collection of songs.
While boasting hard rockin’ songs like ‘Disgusted and Break You’ while tracks like ‘Stained’ and Little While show a more vulnerable side. Only a few short months after completing the album, Cletis member Greg Dyck was chosen as the regional winner for the Canadian Radio Star Songwriting Competition for the song ‘Stained’. Among hundreds of entries, Hurricane Cletis rose to the top and earned a trip to Toronto for Nationals, and an opportunity to showcase the song during Canadian Music Week. This is only the beginning. Hurricane Cletis has played numerous sold out shows, and have quickly become the giants of the Saskatchewan music scene.
In the past year alone, they have shared the stage with Seether, Econoline Crush, Saliva, Art of Dying, Hinder, Age of Daze, Edgar Winter Band and Streetheart to name a few. Hurricane Cletis continues to build a fan base both nationally as well as internationally. With and unbeatable live show, and small town charisma, they garner attention on any stage they play. Simply put…Hurricane Cletis is a must see live show that screams their” get off your ass and party” attitude.
After a whirlwind year, Hurricane Cletis began writing the follow up to their freshman album. The band once again enlisted the help of producer Ryan Andersen, and this time made their way out to Vancouver’s Greenhouse Studios. Selected songs off the album also received the attention of the renowned Beau Hill, (Beau Hill Productions). Hear and buy Awake Today here.
A FEW CAREER HIGHLIGHTS…
* In 2006 Hurricane Cletis competed against over 50 bands in the Rock 102 and The Roxy on Broadway’s Ultimate Band Warz. The band took first place in the finals, which were judged by industry heavy weights Ralph James (The Agency Group), and Steve Blair (Head of A&R Warner Music Canada.
* Recorded a full length\ album with Ryan Andersen, whose credits also include Nickelback’s The Long Road, and All the Right Reasons as well as artists such as Thornley, Hinder, and Theory of a Deadman.
* Received representation at Midem 2007, The World’s Music Conference.
* The track Disgusted’ was chosen as one of 200 songs worldwide to be added to Japan’s second largest mobile carrier, KDDI - wit ove 20 million customers.
* In 2007, the song Stained was chosen as the regional winner of the Canadian Radio Star Songwriting Competition, sending the band to Toronto to showcase the song during Canadian Music Week.
* Hurricane Cletis received the opportunity to showcase during Junofest, as part of the 2007 Juno Awards in Saskatoon.
* Hurricane Cletis has been receiving airplay on various Saskatchewan radio stations, features on National radio stations, as well as internet radio.
* The self titled debut CD has received many positive reviews, including the most recent by companies in Belgrade - Serbia, and the United Kingdom.
* In April 2007, the song ‘Stained’ was adde into rotatio on Sirius Satellite Radio, and continues to chart.
* Song from the album have bee featured as part of the soundtrack for a Canadian extreme sports DVD, presented by Rocky Mountain Trench Adventures.
* Slo Motion Films chose songs ‘Disgusted’, ‘Little While’, and ‘Break You’ to be used as part of the soundtrack for ‘Motorvation’, a popular Australian motor sport DVD.
* The track ‘Disgusted’ was chosen by Monster Pro Wrestling as Mark Posey’s (Mr. Intensity) theme song In the past year, Hurricane Cletis has shared the stage with bands such as Saliva, Seether, Econolin Crush, Art of Dying, and Streetheart.
* The band continues to top the charts on the Saskatchewan Top 30 (www.thesasktop30.com) In April 2006, the band received placement in the upcoming movie “The Lights”, produced by Spin Cycle Films, featuring Joe Estevez (www.thelightsmovie.com).
* The song ”Little While” has reached second place out of 1600 songs in the rock category on OurStage.com.